MAKE USE OF THE BENEFITS OF THE PILOT TRAINING IN SWITZERLAND
Pilot training in Switzerland
You would like to participate in the pilot training in Switzerland and later on be a pilot for SWISS or Edelweiss, the Swiss Lufthansa Group airlines? Then you can apply for the airlines’ aid program and conclude what is called a “declaration of intent to hire”. This declaration is a type of binding agreement to conclude an employment contract (Vorvertrag) with one of the two airlines stating that you will be a pilot for said airline after your training. Additionally, you will also enjoy financial benefits because, under this model, the airlines contribute to the training costs.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE DECLARATION OF INTENT TO HIRE
With the binding agreement to conclude an employment contract (Vorvertrag), you have the best prospects for joining your desired Swiss airline after successful completion of the training.
Our Lufthansa Group pilots are excellently trained. Clearly, such comprehensive training costs money. If you conclude the declaration of intent to hire with SWISS or Edelweiss, you will not have to finance the training completely on your own. The financing of the training for future SWISS or Edelweiss pilots is split into three parts:
At the beginning, you pay your own contribution of CHF 35,000.
SWISS or Edelweiss will provide you with a training loan in the amount of CHF 45,000 (for Swiss nationals) respectively CHF 69,000 (for EU/EFTA citizens) with a minimal interest rate. You will comfortably pay back this training loan out of your salary as a pilot.
Additionally, you will receive federal subsidies in the amount of CHF 60,000 (for Swiss nationals) respectively CHF 36,000 (for EU/EFTA citizens) – details can be found under VFAL (Verordnung über die Finanzhilfen für Ausbildungen im Bereich der Luftfahrt, the Swiss ordinance on financial aid for aviation training).
Take the first step now
STEPS TO TAKE TO GET TO THE PILOT TRAINING WITH A DECLARATION OF INTENT TO HIRE
The job of a pilot is unlike any other – that is why the training is preceded by a selection process that determines whether or not an applicant is suited for this profession
1. Obtaining the certificate by the Deutsches Luft- und Raumfahrtzentrum (DLR, German Aerospace Center): You begin your selection process by taking the DLR test. Only after having successfully obtained the DLR certificate can you apply with the corresponding document. You can find more information on the DLR certificate here.
2. Submission of your application: Having successfully obtained the DLR certificate with the required rating, you can now apply for the Swiss line of the training at the European Flight Academy. You can find the applicants’ portal, the pre-requisites, and the documents to be submitted here.
3. Lufthansa Group assessment: We are looking forward to getting to know you better in the context of our assessment and will invite you to the assessment after you have applied.
4. Pre-airline fit: Depending on which prerequisites you already meet, the pre-airline fit will include a supplementary interview with airline-specific content as well as a simulator exercise. It will be of further advantage to you if you have already successfully completed a SPHAIR course. If your flying ability is rated “standard” or higher, you will be exempt from the simulator exercise, for example. If the intention is to conclude a declaration of intent to hire with SWISS or Edelweiss, a positive result in the pre-airline fit is required.
5. After successfully passing all selection steps, you will complete your medical. After this we will sign a training contract with you and discuss your ideal starting date for the courses.
6. Welcome to the European Flight Academy!
Make use of the opportunity presented to you through the declaration of intent to hire by SWISS and Edelweiss and register for the DLR test now.